2021 CALL FOR ARTISTS!
Deadline for sketch is April 2, 2021
ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE EMAIL NAOMI SPINAK AT BITRASHIONSHOW@GMAIL.COM
- All ages welcome! If you are under 18, you must get a parent’s permission (fill out permission form and submit with entry). Please include your name, title of your submission, your age, email, and phone number
- All entries must be complete outfits: if your model can wear what you made without any store-bought clothing (other than shoes and undergarments) you are good.
- Must submit detailed sketches, to be juried, along with a list of raw materials that will be used.
- You may submit up to three designs total.
- All designers, if chosen, must provide their own models. Diverse models encouraged – all ages, gender, and ethnicity.
- Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Submission” in the subject line. Please make images no smaller than 600 pixels.
- Deadline to enter is April 2, 2021. We will not accept any entries after this day.
- Outfits accepted will be notified by April 10, 2021
Categories for Entry
2020 Applicants: 2020 accepted applications will be given priority in this year’s selection process. Please resubmit (with updates if applicable) to secure your entry for the 2021 Trashion show.
All New Applicants: The committee is accepting new entries in the following categories.
Upcycled Ready-to-wear – Outfits submitted to this category should be made from used textiles or used clothing. If using articles of clothing, they must be altered significantly from what they started out as. Newer notions allowed for closures (e.g., zippers, buttons, etc).
Trash2Treasure Ready-to-wear – Outfits submitted to this category can be made from a variety of items that would normally be discarded. (Can include used textiles.)
- After you receive an email from us, please print out and return a Release Form signed by you and your model to email@example.com
- Each designer must submit a photo of the raw materials used (this will be used for a slideshow during the runway portion of the show) to allow the audience to see what you began with. Photos must be at least 2000 px, 300DPI
- A descriptive paragraph must be submitted that will be read by the emcee of the event (and for the program) for each outfit accepted.
Judging criteria for cash prizes– All outfits will be judged on a 1-5 scale (1 being low and 5 being high) in these four categories: